Profit Boosters Copywriting Checklist
You can use this copywriting checklist when you are copywriting - or to evaluate copywriting. It is based on what works best from over 1,200 copywriting projects we have done since 1978. It will lead to significantly more response from your copywriting. Before writing:
1. Study the company and the product/service being sold thoroughly so you have all the information you will need.
2. Research the prospects and the market to determine what benefits the prospect wants most, secondary benefits wanted, objections, and what would get him to buy now. Key: Donít guess; research.
3. Develop the main emotions you can touch with your copywriting for this project, and how you will do it. The strongest emotions are love, fear, greed, acceptance, survival, anger, and health.
4. Think like your prospect; and not like the marketer.
5. Develop the best offer(s) you can make to the prospect. Your offer includes pricing, terms, bonuses and guarantee. At this point, you know the company and product, what the target prospect wants most, his objections, the main emotions you can touch, and you have developed a terrific offer. Headline and start of copy:
6. Write at least 20 different headlines before choosing the best one. Headline winners include a big, bold promise of the benefits the prospect wants most, specific figures, a guarantee, credibility enhancers, a special offer. Legendary marketers John Caples and Claude Hopkins proved that one headline can pull 10 times the response as another headline Ö with no other changes in the copywriting.
7. Start of copy should re-enforce the main benefit(s) of the headline, elaborate, and incorporate the secondary benefits the prospect wants most. Body of copy:
8. Develop the prospect problem and pain points. Reinforce how these problems will remain or even get worse unless he takes action, and how your product/service is the best solution.
9. Copywriting should be first person, one-to-one, conversational.
Campus Advertising Articles
Campus Advertising Books